Monday, April 6, 2009

Muskulösa flickor.

I visited my parents with my big brother for a change. My mum had a good excuse to bake pies again.

It was really nice because my mum was so happy, and even my dad behaved himself! Mum has been on part-time retirement for a while now, and she has been so much more relaxed and happy ever since. I'm happy for her.

As for my dad, I usually have a hard time getting along with him. There's something about him that rubs me the wrong way. But I suppose he's more relaxed and happy now too since he's been exercising so much lately. He still has trouble losing weight, but in my book, exercise is all that really matters because it makes you happy. We even did some crossword puzzles together and we didn't snipe at each other once! A miracle!

I was also pleased that my big brother noticed how my muscles have grown a little. Then me and mum compared whose bicep is bigger.

Our family sounds kind of weird now. But we're all like this, we have an appreciation for muscles. We don't strive to be skinny, we want to be strong and bulky. I truly enjoy discussing human physiology with my big brother, who used to be very serious about body building and who also studies medicine.

He still thinks weight training is the best form of exercise. He doesn't understand what I mean when I say how I couldn't give up jogging or aerobics, or any cardio activities for that matter. Different forms of exercise give different kinds of pleasure. I feel different after jogging as compared to after aerobics, or weight training. Always good, but always different.

I'm pleased that the streets are dry again, and I intend to start jogging more now that I'm feeling healthy again. The problem is, I noticed how my new winter running shoes have much, much better padding than my 2-year-old summer running shoes. I know that you're supposed to buy new running shoes at least every other year if you run a lot, but... they cost so much! I just bought new shoes on Christmas, and I should buy new ones again?!

I hate using money on expensive things. I can handle spending 20€ a week on food, and 195€ on the latest electricity bill (no kidding!!), but when it comes to something that technically isn't absolutely necessary, I hate it.

No comments: