Friday, May 8, 2009

Shoez, baby!

So my mum took me back to Tampere on Monday. The first thing we went to Sara Hildén, but after that we hit the shops. Oh and first we ate STRAWBERRIES!!!! They were surprisingly sweet, and not even that expensive!

In particular we looked at shoes, because it's much easier for me to find good shoes when mum is onboard. I also bought these shorts - they kinda remind of the Joker. I've been wearing them every day with burgundi tights and a rose colour jacket. I didn't intend to colour-coordinate, the clothes just happen to match.
Could the image be any bigger? I got it from the H&M website, the number 1 choice of clothes shopping for all non-ethical, colour-loving people. Since I love my Adidas summer shoes made by cute little Chinese children who got no money from it, why couldn't I love whatever comes out from H&M sweatshops around the world?

Anyway, mum also brought some ridiculous looking clothes in the dressing room for me to try on, so she could have a laugh. You wouldn't believe she turned sixty.

The shoes I bought are completely ethically made. (In fact I simply don't know if they are or aren't.) These only cost 10€ at Halonen:

I'm going to use them in the summer when it's hot and I just want to quickly slip some shoes on. The colour is like electric blue, with a slight tinge of something I can't pinpoint.

These are my Mary Poppins shoes.

The picture sucks, but I love them. Really cute. The heel may look impressive, but they're actually very comfortable, even with my injured foot - I don't have to limp! I just need to be careful what I'm going to wear with them. I might go crazy with colours in my clothes sometimes, but I don't want to look like a clown. Not REALLY, just secretly.

Sometimes I think so many people are just colour-challenged. What's wrong with wearing bright red and green together? Yellow and purple? Orange and blue? Why couldn't you wear a hundred different colours at the same time? There are so few colours that don't go together, in my humble opinion.

2 comments:

Amoena said...

Mä alan melkein angstaan siitä ajatuksesta että kuinka hyvältä noi vaatteet näyttää sun päällä. Ja noi kengätkin näytti tosi hyvältä, varsinkin ne ekat siniset.

ELINA said...

Mistä sä ees tiiät miltä ne mun päällä näyttää. :D Meiän pitäis mennä joskus yhessä shoppaamaan ja mä painostaisin sut ostamaan ees jotain.