Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Stalking is only human.

I can't believe how much traffic my now-defunct blog is getting. The two that are actually alive, not so much. Not that I really care how many visitors I get. I'm losing my interest somewhat in blogging.

At least it's mostly irrelevant traffic on the old blog. In the sense that Google, or some other search engine, has directed people there, even though it's not what they were looking for. Like someone was searching for Van Gogh or Gallen Kallela, and they end up at my blog. I feel sorry for those people.

Then again, I can't believe how search engine-challenged so many people are. I rarely ever have to click on a link to know if it's relevant or not. I can usually tell after a second or two if the search results as a whole are relevant.

I've noticed some people can waste as much as 20 seconds on looking at their results, before they notice that their search words may not have been correctly spelled, or simply unsuitable for their purposes. It's incredible.

Yes, I stalk my visitors a teensy, tiny bit. I think it's normal.

Like I enjoy watching every move that Avril Lavigne makes. I wonder if it's making me regress a little every time I watch videos or pictures of her. I just can't see anything wrong in being infatuated with a female singer for, hmm, six years now?

I only wish she'd grow up a little more and start dressing like people her age. She's only a year younger than me. Wearing clothes from her own brand, aimed at 12-15 year olds by the looks of them, is simply not cool with me. But I also love the fact that she's so eccentric.

Yesterday the flu that has been trying to get me for over a week, finally got me. I was so nauseous and tired that I didn't do anything else but sleep, eat and watch all the Avril stuff I have on my laptop. So sinfully stupid and silly and oh so fun.

I was too tired to cook, but I had these tea crumpets in the freezer. I had put cottage cheese in them, following a tip from Amoena. I was surprised to find that they were really tasty. Especially with some leftover cheese melted on top.

2 comments:

Amoena said...

Miks kaikki on niin kyynisiä mun kokkausvinkkejä kohtaan. Mä kerroin Juhollekin mun lempireseptistä ja sen ilme oli sellainen O.o

Siis miten niin hunajamarinoitu kana, banaani ja pähkinät ei sopis yhteen? Tostahan tulee ihan namia =)

Suosittelen.

ELINA said...

Itseasiassa mä olin yllättynyt koska olin ite mennyt tunkemaan niihin rusinoita. Pelkäsin et ne olis saastuttanut sen maun vaikka nypinkin ne pois. :D

Mäkään en kyllä tykkää pääruoissa makeasta, eli hunajamarinoinnista, banaanista jne. Kaikki hapanimelät kastikkeet sun muut on kuvottavia. Makuasia silti, uskon että siitä voi eräät tykätä. ;)