Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's global warming, what is wrong with people?!

Another of those posts where I complain about the excessive heating, the rule here in Finland. You know, the global warming is upon us, so WE NEED TO HEAT MORE! Waste even MORE energy! We have the third biggest ecological footprint in the world - so let's make it even BIGGER! There's a thought right?!

I got a note from the landlord, like everyone else in the building, advising me to LOWER my room temperature to 20-22 degrees celsius, and 18-20 in the bedroom. Sounds reasonable right?

NO. The room temperature in my one-room-plus-kitchen-plus-bathroom apartment is never AS HIGH as 18 degrees! So there's NO WAY IN HELL I'm going to DECREASE my living comfort by RAISING the frigging room temperature!!!!!

I have a little fever now so these things really make my blood boil even easier.

I think I'll start boycotting Koskikeskus in Tampere. Last week I went in for only 10 MINUTES and I had to take off my jacket and sweater immediately because I was about to faint, literally! And after I got what I needed, I went to stand outside for a couple of minutes in nothing but a tank top, because I was still too hot from spending as long as 10 minutes inside Koskikeskus!

Wtf is wrong with people here, seriously?! Who the hell decided that too hot is somehow supposed to be comfortable and necessary?! Do Finnish people not know that there are such things as CLOTHES, that you can, like, PUT ON if you're too cold?! And just put on two sweaters if you need to, what's wrong with that?!

I'm starting to think that living in Britain wouldn't be such a bad thing after all. They may not have all things sorted out as regards comfortable living, but at least they are not trying to fry themselves!

No comments: