Friday, September 19, 2008

Marred

I strained my transverse abdominal muscle. I think. It's not the rectus abdominis, but it could also be either of the obliques. It hurts to inhale. I didn't think it would be possible to strain your abs, since they so rarely even become sore, no matter how much you try to punish them. It's the most difficult muscle group to work out, because they get used to exercising so easily.

And all because I was so disappointed with the aerobics class yesterday. It was supposed to be the only one during the week that actually can improve my fitness, but the instructor was ill again and her replacement was less than adequate. Most aerobics instructors seem to think that female university students are in a rotten shape, so the classes don't give much of a challenge.

So I go home after spending 1,5 hours on doing practically nothing worthwhile and I have to do a full workout at home myself. Resulting in said trauma on my poor abdomen. I didn't have time to go jogging anymore, which pisses me off immensely. I'm really deprived exercise-wise, and it tends to lead to sky high aggression levels.

If the coming winter is the same as the last time, I'll be able to continue jogging after new year's, so that's kind of positive, even though I love the snow and I missed it last winter.

If there's snow, I could of course go skiing, but going skiing in the nearest Kauppi woods would only make me angry. Skiing Finns are simply unbearably annoying, and since Kauppi is their natural habitat, it would be inevitable to meet many of them. So no.

I'm considering starting swimming this year. If only it didn't cost so damn much.

No comments: